Belonging

Belonging - Karen Ann Hopkins Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.*SLIGHT SPOILERS*For some reason, I think that Belonging tried to be a little too much for me, and as a result it fell a bit flat. The characters didn't really have the same dimension that they originally had, but the romance was still fairly good. Until it wasn't-- I feel like Rose and Noah just let each other go way too easily.I don't feel like their hearts were breaking, or that they'll never love other people-- I feel like maybe they should both just move on. If your entire family is against something, it stands to reason, right? I mean, I love a good forbidden, but if neither one of them is willing to compromise for the other, it's just not going to work.It's destined to become this huge fail, especially with that huge bomb that got dropped near the end. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in what happens next. I'd like to know more about Sam and Summer, and I want more than anything a happy ending. But I just don't think that it'll work out.As much as I'd like to see it, I just don't think that it should be in the cards. Moving on.We get to see a little bit of relationship development with Sam and Summer, but I don't feel like either of the characters was really doing it for me. Sam felt flat, and although I liked Summer, she did too. I did think that their romance was cute, though!My final impression of Belonging is this: I just want for everything to work out. I'll read the next one, but I'm really not sure that Rose and Noah should be together-- it's just causing a lot of problems. Before they get together (if) they should definitely do some growing up. I'll say that I'm fairly mediocre about this one.