Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite

Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite - Lianne Simon Other reviews like this at The Book Babe Note: Due to copy an paste, formatting has been lost.I found out while reading this book that I'm not as squeamish as I thought I was. Because when the author first contacted me about this book, I wondered if it would be a good idea for me to read it. I wondered if it would freak me out, or if I just wouldn't be able to handle the subject matter.I was pleasantly surprised, because not only could I deal, I also quite enjoyed it. The subject matter was taboo, but it appealed to me as a reader. I needed to know what happened to Jamie, and I was actually quite happy with the results. This book is really ground-breaking, especially in the YA industry, and I'm proud to be a part of it's delivery. :)Jamie was a very intriguing character, because honestly, we're dealing with an intersex girl that's been told, and forced to be, a boy her entire life. She never knew that she be either. She just thought that she had to be a boy, because that's what her family chose for her to be.I found myself systematically loving Jamie's family, then being horrified by their actions. Jamie's mom was either supporting her, or telling her that she needed to change, and I just don't get that kind of behavior.It's uncalled for, don't you think? Just because God made her an intersex doesn't mean that he hates her. All in all, I found this book to be a heart-breakingly good novel, written about intersex from a christian view, that was thoroughly thought-provoking.*Book Provided by Author for review.♠♠♠