Freak of Nature - Julia Crane Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Freak of Nature was a disappointing read for me. I went into it expecting the cyborg girl, Kate, to have some awesome insights and to have real, actual feelings. And while it does say that Kate has feelings, well, I never felt them.She goes about everything so robotically that it was hard to see anything else. She approaches everything as if it's a chore. Which, let's face it, sucks.I couldn't connect with her on any level, and most of the time her character just confused me. I had no idea where some of her logic came from, and her narration was spotty at best. I was often left wondering how and why I got from one place to the other. Sometimes it was so bad that I went back and re-read, only to still not understand what had happened.But let's talk about what really got me on this one-- the romance. There was absolutely no build up. It happened pretty dang instantaneously, and to make matters worse, the guy says that it "happened gradually" which was completely untrue. It happened three to five chapters in. It was really hard for me to believe that they even liked each other, and I saw no chemistry in their interactions. No spark.Nothing. Nada, zilch. I didn't understand the idea that they were in love-- I never really felt it from either of them. Their kisses just felt like a meeting of parts, and don't even get me started on them having sex. O.oAll in all, Freak of Nature just didn't work out for me. I found it hard to believe that Kate as a cyborg had feelings, and I also felt that it all fell into place way too easily. Let's get real, in a top secret area like that, it would be a lot harder to get a new job or escape. (That does not mean what you think it does.)