Catching Liam - Sophia Bleu Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Catching Liam was another drama-ridden new adult novel. Maybe I'm just being judgemental, or holding books to too high of a standard, but recently nothing seems like a hit or miss with me. Especially new adult. I honestly think that they're getting the worst ratings from me.Don't get me wrong, Catching Liam was a fun, sweet read, but it really didn't wow me. I found Liam and Jillian as a couple to be adorable, but I also think that there was a little too much emphasis on Jillian in their relationship. It seemed like everything was her her her, and I didn't particularly like that. She acts a bit like she's the only one in the world with problems, and that just rubbed me wrong. Not to mention the fact that she was keeping secrets from the very beginning, and the fact that oh, she's falling hard and she can't tell him so. She's keeping so many secrets that they were eating her up in side, and when they finally came out it was like this huge, big, drama-ridden ordeal. I feel like the drama was drawn out for effect.Liam too-- he was really swoony at first, but then he made a couple of decisions that put him off me a bit, then he redeemed himself, and I just think he was drawn out and I don't know what to make of his character. I forgive him because he made waffles, though.Jillian's mom, Tara, was so mean to them! I didn't understand why she was such a jerk for a long time, but then I did and it was painfully obvious that she just wasn't sure how to respond to her daughter, which I found really sad. Not only that, but in the end, she really did help her daughter and no one seems to see it. They just see her as a terrible person.Moving on to the secondary characters. I felt that they all could have been more developed. All in all, Catching Liam wasn't awesome, but it wasn't terrible either. I'm a solid three on this one, and I feel like my review makes me sound like I hated it...but I really didn't.