Popular: Boys, Booze, and Jesus - Tindell Baldwin Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.First of all, this is not my usual genre of books here-- I just saw the cover and read the blurb, and then I knew that I needed to read this one. Popular was a very surprising read, actually. It's really hard to review, though, because in the back of my mind I'm thinking about how this is Tindell's actual life story, so...it's just kind of different, you know?I liked the way the first part, "Dark" was told. It seemed to true and heartbreaking, and it really read like a teenager's diary. At some point, I know without a doubt that we've all felt exactly the way that Tindell did. I know that I have, so I imagine that most teen girls have. I loved that she mentioned Beth Moore-- my mother loves her!But on to the story-- Tindell really knows how to grab you. Gotta love that-- my only problem with Tindell's writing was that it tends to bounce around from event to event, which confused me. I couldn't exactly follow it completely, which was disappointing. The "dark" hit me so much harder than the "light" did. I can't really identify with the "light", honestly. It seemed overly preachy, which made me worry about whether or not some teens would be scared away from it.Basically, Popular reads like a really long spiritual conversation. The kind we've probably all had before. I liked how it seemed like Tindell was talking straight to the reader. I guess my relationship with this book is just hard to describe...I think that if you're a teen girl, you should probably give it a shot. It may or may not be your thing, but you'll never know unless you try it.