The Truth About You and Me - Amanda Grace, Mandy Hubbard Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.The Truth About You and Me is a really complex story. It isn't about how an underage girl tempted a teacher, or how a teacher took advantage of a young girl....it's much more than that. First, Bennett doesn't know that she's underage. He thinks that she's college age, which helps him to feel less guilty. And second, Madelyn isn't exactly knowingly getting him in trouble. The age of consent in her state is 16.That's what makes this so complicated-- I'm not sure where the lines are. In general, she's too young for him. But it's not like they set out to do wrong. It's so, so complicated to explain and even think about. It's not a love story, it's more of a story of self-discovery and just happens to have a bit of romance in it.Madelyn was a very good storyteller-- I loved the letters, they were so lyrical and pretty. Through her eyes we get to see everything, and I really liked it. She could taking something so simple-- but when she says it; it becomes true and beautiful and doesn't remain simple...it becomes complicated, like her. I actually think that if we met, we'd be really good friends.I mean, I don't approve of what she did, but I think that I would like her. I really have nothing to say about Bennett. He didn't make a huge impression on me-- and I kind of think that it's because he's not really a big part of the story. He's kind of background; I think that the story is more about Madelyn telling their story.And their story is bittersweet. It's sweet for a long time, but it just keeps building and building and you know how it's going to end...but you don't, not really. I think that the ending actually worked out really well-- it surprised me. All in all, The Truth About You and Me pushed at a lot of boundaries...it's complex, and I really think it's worth a read.