Where the Stars Still Shine - Trish Doller Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Where the Stars Still Shine is one of those books that was driven mostly by the characters. Everything that I want to say is about Callie, which is kind of a weird feeling for me. I usually can't do anything but complain about characters, but don't mind me.I really liked Callista. I respected her, and even though she had a really hard life, I think that she turned out alright. The only problem that I had with her is that she just doesn't know how to act around people, seriously. I get that she's never had any friends, but sometimes she was just mean!Other than that, though, she was great. I liked how she told it like it was, and that she wasn't the best kid or anything, but she didn't let that get her down. I'm going to assume, for arguments sake, that this was actually a pretty accurate portrayal of how it would go down if your dad got you back as a teen after you were abducted. He would probably be a bit more protective, though.Back to Callie-- sometimes I found myself wondering how she got to be so...promiscuous, I guess would be the word? As much as I loved her, I couldn't understand how after she was molested she was so comfortable with sex. There are some things that she isn't comfortable with, but you would think that she would be a bit more hesitant.I liked the flashbacks. It gives us better insight into Callie as a character, and it was so nice to be able to understand a little of what she went through.All in all, Where the Stars Still Shine was an interesting, character-driven book, but I didn't love it to death or anything.