The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5) - Kady Cross Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.The Strange Case of Finley Jayne is a fantastic prequel to The Steampunk Chronicles. It puts us in the perfect place to learn how Finley ended up in the first household, and to learn more about her parents and such.I liked the little details that were dropped here and there, such as the colors of the gowns and how much Phoebe looked like Lord Vincent's late wife, etc. I enjoyed getting to know the characters bit by bit-- it appears that Phoebe wears a lot of plum. ;)I also liked the steampunk elements. I'm a HUGE fan of steampunk, and it's not something that we see in a lot of YA stories, so I gobble it up. I just love the idea of steam powered horses and such. (:Now we'll move on to the plot of this novella-- it was crazy out there. I never saw half of it coming, and I'm so proud of that. All in all, The Strange Case of Finley Jayne was an awesome start to this series.