My Side - Tara Brown Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.*ACTUALLY 2.5 STARS*Honestly, MY SIDE was a lot more mature than I was expecting. I was pretty surprised about that, I can't say that I actually had any warning. o.OLochlan was unbelievably full of himself. I saw a review before I started with a pic of one swoony guy that was being declared Loch. I don't see it. I actually found quite a few of his actions to be way over controlling, and in some cases, kind of violent. He wasn't a swoon for me, and I feel like I didn't actually get to know him at all throughout the course of MY SIDE. I'm a little upset about that, honestly. I like knowing who our main character is falling in love with, and in the end Loch wasn't all that great.Speaking of which, Erin wasn't so great either. I liked that she was insecure at first, but as the book went on I found myself hating that about her. Everytime something happens with Loch, we see her running off like a maniac to hide at various people's houses. At which point (of course), Loch comes stomping up to the house and screams like a madman until she goes back with him. I don't know about you, but that's a bit too controlling for my likings. But back to Erin, instead of their incredibly volatile relationship.Erin was a complete contradiction; She likes to say that she's not selfish but she is (all the while claiming that Loch is the selfish one). She also likes to talk dirty. I'm all for that in real life, because it's ridiculously funny to burst into laughter over something dirty, but in most books I'm not a huge fan of it. I kind of like to keep it PG-13, y'all! And I find that most NA is PG-13, but this one would be better classified as adult romance. o.O (You get where I'm going with this, right?)As for the grammar, I don't have good grammar. I really don't, to tell you the truth. It's not something I'm into. But when I'm reading a book and every few sentences (maybe an exaggeration, more like every few paragraphs) there's a spelling error or a grammar mistake, it kind of throws me out of the story. I'm not a huge fan of that, to tell you the truth.All in all, MY SIDE really wasn't for me. The romance wasn't my thing, and the characters just didn't do it for me. It was enjoyable at parts, though, so it's earned 2.5 stars.