Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) - Moira Young Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.I’ve been putting off Blood Red Road forever. I put it off because I had heard about the numerous spelling errors and grammatical mistakes, and I was positive that it would drive me crazy. Turns out I was wrong. I thought that they were actual mistakes, but turns out that it was an atmosphere-type decision. It definitely worked out, in my mind.At first it was a little bit distractin, as a lot of constants were dropped, and been was spelled bin, etc. But once I got used to it, it was really no deal at all. I thought that it added an authentic touch to the story, which it definitely needed, being set in a post-apocalyptic world. Dystopian at it’s best!Saba was a great, strong, kick-ass main character. In the beginning, it felt like her loyalty was a tad lacking, but as we get farther into the book and she grows as a character, I feel like it’s not an issue anymore. She’s made peace with herself, and she finally grew to love Emmi like she should have in the beginning. She also made some great new friends, and I don’t think that I could have loved her more.Speaking of the L-word, I feel like I should say a few things about our main guy character, Jack. Jack himself is fabulous. He’s cocky and a bit too arrogant for his own good, but deep inside he’s a great guy. He’s sweet and I’m positive that he’s brave.They go well together, actually.On another note, I’m a huge fan of the storyline. It never had a dull moment from the beginning, and it was the perfect distraction for me. From kidnappings to cage fights to strange creatures, this book just has it all. It even has good secondary characters! Everyone of them has a purpose, and most of the time they made good friends to Saba and Jack.All in all, I really enjoyed Blood Red Road. It wasn’t what I was expecting, but I liked it more than I ever would have if it had followed my ideas.