Debutantes - Cora Harrison Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.I'm a big fan of historical YA as a genre. That being said, I wasn't a big fan of this book. It was heartbreakingly slow-- to the point that nothing really happened. I may like historical, but I like a little mystery or intrigue. This didn't deliver on that front.There was a mystery, but I found it trivial. The hints weren't very well done, because I figured out the mystery long before it was time. I'm not a huge fan of that, but in a world where everything has happened before, I feel like it's a given. I don't have to like it, but I understand it.I don't, however, understand writing in the third person. It took me a long time to figure out what was bothering me about the writing, but when I did it was like I noticed it everywhere. Suddenly it just hit me like a ton of bricks. We have a main character, but the story is never told from her point of view. While it's interesting, it mostly served to confuse me.Just like the characters. I was confused by the characters, who remained flat until the end of the book, when I realized that it's not necessarily that they're flat, it's mostly that they're dull.All in all, Debutantes just wasn't for me. I found the characters to be dull and the story boring. I wish that I had liked this more.