Venom - Fiona Paul Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.I have to say, Venom really surprised me. I mean, I love historical and strong lead characters, but for some reason I had convinced myself that this wasn't for me. But then Inky from Book Haven Extraordinaire kept telling me that it was amazing. She finally convinced me, and here we are! *applause for Inky*I was hooked from the very first page! There was intrigue and romance, a mystery-- all wrapped up and served to me with a pretty little bow.Cass was a really good main character. She was headstrong and fierce, with a thirst for knowledge and freedom that so many characters just don't have-- and I personally love it, because I have that too. It gives her a certain depth, on the grounds that I can relate to her. She was also really brave and impetuous, kind of flighty, but overall a great character.But Falco really takes the cake for me-- that is one beautifully delicious boy. An artist. In the beginning, he may have been a little rough-talking, but he got over that right quick. My only real issue with him is something that I won't (can't, spoilers) explain in this review. Basically, the boy makes some bad choices. But I'm over it.Although Cass and Falco really made this for me, I also really enjoyed the mystery. It was so creepy, and it kept me turning pages like a maniac. I skipped back and forth about who it could be, until the very last reveal. By then there was no hiding the guy.All in all, Venom was a great read. I liked the mystery, and I can't wait to read more about Cass and Falco.