The Rules - Stacey Kade Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.In the beginning, I wasn't sure that I would like The Rules. I didn't know anything about it, and the premise sounded kind of strange. But I was game to give it a shot. And I'm really glad that I did, because it surprised me! Turns out that I kind of like alien books. ;)When I turned the first page, I had this sudden realization (love those!) "I'm going to like this book. Anything that starts out with such a bang deserves to be loved." Glad to see that my first thoughts weren't wrong.I really liked Ariane as a character. At first she was kind of cold, but she gradually grew to be more human, and I loved her for that. She was vulnerable and strong, powerful yet weak-- this girl was a complete contradiction, but it worked for her!Zane was also a good character-- but in a totally different way. He was more...I don't know, human? Whatever it was, it made him a great match for Ariane. He kind of balances her out, in his own way.Dr. Jacobs and Rachel kind of freaked me out, though. They were both so power hungry, and the way that they were was downright scary! Nothing could get in their way, for fear of being bowled over. That's a good kind of villain-- but I have to say that Dr. Jacobs was far superior in that respect to Rachel. She was more of a high school bully.On another note, I really loved the world building in this one-- it was pretty vividly imagined, right from the start!All in all, The Rules was a superbly written book-- and I would recommend it to paranormal lovers.