My Life After Now - Jessica Verdi Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.I was really nervous about starting My Life After Now, because I really haven't heard anything about it. But I'm glad to tell you that despite my nervousness, this turned out to be a rocking book! I've never really thought that deeply about STD's, so this came as a shock! By far, this is one of the best "issue" novels I have ever read. It made me laugh, but it also had a lot of serious moments.When Lucy first finds out, she immediately starts to withdraw within herself. She drops connections with friends, doesn't really want to do anything, and sulks. A lot. This is an extremely realistic reaction! I'm sure that in her place, I would do the same thing. It's a teenage thing to do! But as a character, Lucy still managed to win a place in my heart.Lucy just made this book for me. She was realistic-- and I liked how she would explain past moments of her life like plays. It gives us better insight into her character, and it's really fun to read. My only issue with her was that when she withdrew, she didn't tell her parents why. You can tell from the very beginning that they're very open about almost everything, but she shuts them out anyway.And it was kind of sad to see her do that. Because her parents (Dad and Papa) totally made me crack up, and well....good family relationships just make a book for me, and here she was shutting them out. Also, I have to admit that I don't understand Lisa. She makes no sense to me. She just shows up out of nowhere and expects them to take care of her! Urrggh.Anywho, we don't need to talk about that. We should talk about Roxie and Evan! They were really good secondary characters. I enjoyed their interactions with Lucy, and I love that she had at least a couple friends that knew to help her out.All in all, My Life After Now is a startling book with a new message that we haven't really heard before in YA. It rocked, in it's own, melancholy way!