Being Henry David - Cal Armistead Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Being Henry David was everything I expected and more-- what I expected was a book about a boy with amnesia finding himself. I got that-- but I also got to read about some awesomely gritty teenagers with real problems and small solutions, which was like the epitome of cool.Speaking of which, Hank was a great believable character. He completely made the book, because I didn't have any problems believing that he didn't know who he was or where he'd been. I did kind of have issues with the beginning, though, because we kind of just get thrust into Hank's life with the scene where he wakes up and doesn't remember who he is. Don't get me wrong, it was a great way to start things, but it was kind of abrupt.But that didn't detract from my enjoyment of Being Henry David. I still enjoyed the mystery of Hank's identity, and I also really liked most of the secondary characters, like Jack, Nessa, and my favorite forever, Thomas. (Who's like thirty, but I don't care. He's awesomesauce.)I'm having a really hard time writing out my thoughts for this, but I hope that I'm getting at least some of my point across. I loved Being Henry David!! But I can't help but wonder if Hank was a little bit crazy...I mean, the boy has conversations with Thoreau. Who is long dead, which makes their convos a tad freaky deaky, but I'll not dwell on that.All in all, Being Henry David was a fabulous debut with an awesome premise, but I have reviewers block and am unable to get my point across today...sigh.