First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.I want to start off my review by saying that First Grave on the Right is not a book that I would normally pick up, but I was mistakenly led to believe that it was a YA paranormal novel. It isn't, but at this point I've already read it and there's nothing I can do about it. But in spite of the level of adult-ness included in this book (yes'm, there's sex), I still enjoyed it for the story quality.Charley is the grim reaper. That's the first thing that we learn about her, so it's the thing that we retain the most. But what else is she? She's one awesome kick-butt character, who has a seriously awesome sense of humor. She doesn't take b.s. from anyone, and she's completely confident with who she is. I would kill to be like her. Now I've just got to give you a dose of the famous Charley humor:But as I stepped toward the bathroom, I realized the worst part of my morning—the let there be light part—was fast approaching. I groaned and considered dillydallying despite the state of Uncle Bob’s arteries.Just suck it up, I told myself. It had to be done. I placed a shaky hand on the wall, held my breath, and flipped the switch.“I’m blind!” I yelled, shielding my eyes with my arms. I tried to focus on the floor, the sink, the Clorox ToiletWand. Nothing but a bright white blur.I totally needed to lower my wattage. I stumbled back, caught myself, then forced one foot in front of the other, refusing to back down. I would not be stopped by a lightbulb. I had a job to do, dammit.But moving on, before I feel the need to post even more snarky humor about dead people...and bathrooms. Seriously, if you're not busting a gut, you should totally go back and read that again. True story, folks, it happens. ;PMoving on. I liked the whole mystery element, because it definitely kept me guessing...but I never ever saw that one coming. I didn't see any of that coming! *applauds for plot twists* Because Reyes is...and....ahh. I really don't know how to explain this, but I did not see it coming!I think that I liked Reyes too, but I'm kind of hot cold about him. He's a very interesting love interest and all, but...he can be kind of...hardcore. To the point where you wonder about Charley's sanity in liking him, considering the first thing that he did to her...yeah, not one of his best moments.All in all, I enjoyed First Grave on the Right, but I went into it expecting something different than I got. Can't say that I'm upset about it, though. ;)