The Cupcake Queen - Heather Hepler Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.First off, I've gotta say that I didn't take notes while reading this book. I usually do, because it helps me put all of my thoughts together and sort them out and such, but this book wasn't very noteworthy. And I knew that it wouldn't be. I chose it because I was looking for a fluffy, quirky read after my adventures with TFiOS.And The Cupcake Queen delivered on that front. It was quirky and cute, with adorably young main characters, but it just isn't very memorable. I'm having a hard time remembering the main character's name. I remember her friends, but not her. OH! It's Penny Lane...(I can't believe that I forgot that.) So, in spite of my name remember skillz (bwahahaha), Penny was a good character for this kind of book. She was a sweet young teenager, who isn't very sure of herself. But she can make one mean cupcake! I loved all the descriptions of different cupcakes and the way that Penny described making them.It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I think that was probably one of my favorite parts of The Cupcake Queen. But I can't honestly chalk it up to that. The character relationships were great! I loved the way that Penny, Marcus, Tally and Blake all interacted together. It didn't ever seem forced at all, and you know what a sucker I am for character relationships. ;)I also loved the bit of light romance (this is children, people!) that was incorporated into the story. I found Tally and Blake's relationship to be one of the cutest relationships ever. Are they just friends? Are they something more? It was just so...(overused term here, guys) cute.All in all, The Cupcake Queen was exactly what I was looking to read today, and I'm glad that it has made it's way onto my shelf.