Keep Holding On - Susane Colasanti Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.This book was a lot darker than I anticipated, and I haven't yet decided whether I loved it's darkness or just tolerated it. For Colasanti, this was REALLY dark. I rarely think that her book's are dark-- she writes about hard subjects, but she tends to do it in a lighter way. But this one was dark, and it had me kind of depressed for a bit.The title is absolutely PERFECT for this book. Noelle just had to keep holding on-- even when her mom wouldn't buy any food, or when she got made fun of and violently tortured in school, even when all of her clothes were dirty, and one of her "acquaintances" committed suicide. She kept holding on. But sometimes I really wondered why. Her life was so awful, and I don't understand how she just kept pulling herself back. She seemed like the type to just pop one off, and leave the world with a bang. She just seemed like the type, you know what I mean?I wish that we could've seen a little more backstory on all of the characters, and that the characters just could have gotten more development overall. They needed it-- they desperately needed it. Maybe I need a few more pages to get better acquainted with a character, but hey. I'm a sucker for good characters. The story could suck, but if the characters are good I'll be sold.I honestly don't have very much to say about this one. I liked it, but I didn't love it, and I'm sure that my review reflects that. If I'd had a little more time to get into the story, a few more pages to get to know the characters, I might have liked it more. But as is, it was mediocre.