Tempestuous: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare's The Tempest - Kim Askew, Amy Helmes Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Tempestuous had all of the key elements of a good romantic comedy--meaning that it was really cute and all, but it would never happen in real life. The ending was a bit too perfect, and the characters were a bit too cliche. But in spite of that, I still enjoyed it.It was a good read, because it took my mind away from all the books I've been reading lately--all dealing with rough issues and hard lives. But this cut me a break from all that--sort of. There were a few tense moments in this book--most notably, being snowed in for the night. Which would suck. And all of the delightful instances that again, would never, ever, ever happen. Ever.As I said before, the characters were a bit cliche. Especially Ariel, because it's like, the law of young adult literature for the protagonist to have a quirky best friend that's completely innocent and naive. I did think that Miranda was an pretty good character, despite being cliched, and that Caleb pretty much avoided cliche completely, but they could've had a bit more character development.This is one of those books that are good fluff, but you don't actually remember much about it after reading. All in all, this book is exactly what it claims to be. A fresh take on Shakespeare's The Tempest. And if you've ever read the Bard's work, you'll know that he liked being dramatic. And that character quality was not one of his best qualities.