Tempest - Julie Cross Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.First off, I have wanted to read this book since it came out. So, I swapped someone for it, then I read it. But I just have some questions...why was this book supposed to be 'so big' with a Summit entertainment movie optioned, and a 250, 000 first edition printing, but I've never read any reviews on it, or heard anything about it other than, "It's about time-travelers.". I really would like to know. Why did a book that was optioned to be so big just kind of fail?I'll tell you why. It gives people headaches. My head is absolutely pounding right now. Like Boom Boom Boom, Ouch. It's pounding because it's science-fiction/spy...which seriously doesn't make sense to me. The action was a little too fast--it had me skimming pages--and the science-fiction was just a tad bit too sciency. Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional sci-fi book, but I'd like to be able to understand what they're talking about. Otherwise, it just goes over my head.And I wanted so bad to be able to understand this one, but it was just too much. I apologize to the author. I really wanted to like it. I really did. But I couldn't. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, just...my head hurts so much right now.It's not that the characters were bad, it's not that the plot was bad, it's just that the book had an overall undecided feel. I could see where this book would be a good movie, and it would probably remind me of Inception (which I love). But what works in movies can never work in books. This book just left me un-fulfilled, and at the risk of book-bashing, I can't say more.