The Day Before - Lisa Schroeder This review also at The Book BabeDue to copy an paste, formatting has been lost.My first thought while reading this was: It's in verse. Yes, I just read a novel in verse, and I'm actually pretty proud of myself, even though I had no idea whatsoever that this was in verse until I opened it, because then I was hit with a sudden, crushing realization. I'm not going to like this one. I wasted an entire $5 on this book. Those were my first thoughts.But, for some reason, I read it anyway. And it absolutely blew me away! I never knew that novels in verse were this addicting! Consequently, I also never knew that character's that think in verse could be very developed. There was that one part in Bruiser, but it was only a chapter or so.The only word I can think of to describe this book is "lyrical". And, no lie, it might just be because the jacket says that. Otherwise, I'm sure that I would be in too much awe right now to even think of a word. It was that good. On another note, it really didn't become 'that good' until the last 1/3 of the book. Before that, I was still a bit stuck on the "It's in verse" train of thought. Plus, I was a teeny bit confused about what was going on. Novels in verse can be a tad bit hard to get into.Amber and Cade's character's were amazingly developed, considering the 'novel in verse' status. I absolutely had to figure out what happened to them, and I literally couldn't put this book down! Oh, how I wish I could stand to read stuff like this all the time! But it's seriously not my general style. And, honestly, I don't think I could stand to read the 'deep stuff' all the time.All in all, I seriously enjoyed The Day Before, which you should realize by reading my 'extreme non-review'.Favorite Quote:For each page,I cut and pastepieces of my heart.In the coming months,I will hold ontothose pieces,even when it feels likethere's no partof my heartleft.