Doing It - Melvin Burgess Other reviews like this at The Book BabeNote: Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Well. That was surprising. I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I started this book, but it sure wasn't this. I even toyed with not reviewing this one, simply because of the content. There should be a warning label on this book: Warning. Boys think very dirty thoughts.I mean seriously, who thinks of this stuff? Errgh, I'm horrified! Yes, horrified! Previously, that was very hard to do, but now it seems kind of easy. I'm sure the look on my face while reading this book was absolutely priceless!To be honest with you, I'm at a loss about what to say. That it was absolutely full of sex? That I want smack the author stupid for telling me all the inside thoughts of a guy? Man, I wish I was clueless again. Boys are disgusting. Yes, disgusting. But for some weird reason, I found myself actually enjoying this book. At least all the characters were as honest as they come. I often found myself wondering where the author got his inspiration from. Was he like this when he was a teen? Oh, that's a little too much for now. Moving on.One of the most enjoyable things about this book was the humor. The way the subject of sex was handled, while still being very entertaining was absolutely freaking priceless. That doesn't make the book though. What made the book was this: Character development. You guys know what a sucker I am for a good character. And Mr. Burgess introduces three of them. Dino, Ben, and Jonathan.To be honest, because of risk of spoilers, I can't really tell you what I liked about Ben. Just know this: his character was one that I will never, ever forget.Jonathan's character is quite a bit more forgettable, but only because he makes himself that way. Jon fades a bit into the background, and because the chapters switch point of view so often, he doesn't get as much development as Ben and Dino, or even some of the lesser used characters, like Jackie and Zoe.Dino's character though, watch out. Because he could fill a room with all that baggage he's carrying around.All in all, I enjoyed Doing It, even with all of it's vastly inappropriate moments. Favorite Quote:See? None of that stuff matters when it comes down to who your friends are. They're my mates--they showed that. And the rest of 'em are just so much crud.