The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins Other reviews like this at The Book Babe Note: Due to copy an paste, formatting has been lost.This book is brutal. It's sad. But most of all, it's vivid. You see every little thing through Katniss's eyes, because every little thing is a bigger piece of her story. This book is violent, and gory, and maybe, to some people, downright scary. But through all that, it is sweet and bittersweet. They kind of come hand in hand.Katniss is an amazing character. She's strong, but not extremely full of herself, she's smart, but not too smart, and most of all, she is real. Character development is usually something I struggle with, because if the character isn't developed enough, I'm usually on here writing up a rant on it. I will never, ever like a book with awful characters. I weed them out.What do I have to say about Peeta? Well, I love the boy with the bread. He's strong, and actually a bit stubborn, but not overly, like some characters tend to be. He is just this: the boy with the bread. No pretenses, no scams, he just really and wholeheartedly is a good guy. He wants to protect Katniss, and everyone else. He doesn't like death, he doesn't want death, but to save someone else, he would die.I don't really know how Collins managed to write these characters so well developed, but if she could bottle it and sell it, she would be a rich woman. Very rich.Seriously though, how did she manage to make Peeta so well developed, without making him the main character? Because I think Peeta is very well developed, and will definitely forever be one of my favorite characters. *Sigh*What was the best part? The plot. It had twists and turns, but it didn't ever confuse me with where it was going. It didn't jump senselessly from one point to the next, and never, ever made me want to just not read the book. I've read this book before, but I needed to review it, so I bought it. The first time around: Meh. The second time? Well, you're reading this, aren't you?So, all in all, The Hunger Games was filled with kick butt characters, vivid imagination, and best of all, plot.