The Lost Saint - Bree Despain Other reviews like this at The Book Babe Note: Due to copy an paste, formatting has been lost.I put off reading this book for so long, because the first book got a mediocre three star rating, and I was afraid that this one would be the exact same way. Yes, I continue to read series with mediocre beginnings.I absolutely loved the character development of Grace, because in the first book, she was a little bit of a sniveling little girl, and I felt that she really needed everything that happened to her. It made her who she is now, and right now, Grace is pretty freaking awesome. She's fought the curse, and she never really lost who she really was. She is exactly who she needs to be.I wish Daniel would've gotten more development in this book, because he was honestly M.I.A. throughout most of the book, and it left me wondering, why? Why was he never around? Why did the author decide to push out of the picture for almost the entire thing? Don't get me wrong, he showed up periodically, but now the story is mostly Grace's, and not really his.I thought that Talbot was a very nice touch, because he could swoop in and save Grace whenever she was in over her head, but he also carried quite an aura of danger around with him. You'll get what I mean when you read the book.The plot was terrific! I'm so proud of the author! It was fast moving, and it had lots of twists and turns, so I was always entertained, and I never really had a moment where I was sitting in silence, wondering what just happened. Always a plus, if you ask me.Overall, The Lost Saint blew The Dark Divine right out of the water, and I'm so glad that I finally picked it up. Do you think I can get The Savage Grace in paperback yet?♠♠♠♠Favorite Quote:It gives you a sense of power--the ability to end somethings existence, to snuff something out with your own hands. And that sense of power becomes pride, if you leave it unchecked. Soon you start thinking you're better than everyone else. Superior. Or maybe it just makes you feel angry that you can't do more.