Twined (Volume 1) - 'A L Collins',  'A. L. Collins' Other reviews like this at thebookbabesreads.blogspot.comI enjoyed this book, but there were a few things that I would've changed. For one, I would have changed the bits in the sentences where the author should have added commas. Because a lot of the sentences seemed a little bit run on and, well, comma less. But if you make pause at the appropriate places, it isn't so bad.When I first started this book, I was kind of expecting a different kind of story than I got. It drew me in immediately, and kept me reading until the very end. And the end is a freaking cliffhanger! Authors must be trying to kill us with those. It's their super secret plan for infiltrating our very thoughts. It's working. I think about sequels to books all the time.I really liked the character of Avalin, but it just seemed like she was a guy sometimes. She said stuff that no girl would say. Girls don't call themselves 'Jack-asses'. It's just one of the many differences between guys and girls. Other than that, Avalin was a terrific character, and I can definitely relate to her. She's kick-ass, and she definitely says exactly what she thinks. There were a few moments when I wished she was less 'Moan, moan, my mother is gone' and more peppy. She was kind of depressed.I also liked the character of Albert, aside from the awful name, I mean. He seemed so sweet, and willing to protect Avalin, and he also seemed pretty funny. Some of the supernatural themes that were added to this book were interesting, but I don't think I'll really get them until I read the second book. Hopefully it will be more explanatory, and less cliffhanger ending. Maybe I can get on the tour for the second one too. ;)I liked the insane headlong jump into the world of the Twined, but I found that I didn't understand all of the references made. So, all in all, I would say that this book was nonstop action from start to finish, and I would definitely recommend it, if you're willing to wait for the second book to come out.♠♠♠Favorite Quote:We don't celebrate birthdays now. We don't really celebrate anything anymore. My life has been hollow, been empty and filled with broken promises and destroyed dreams, so nothing nowadays receives much glee.