V is for Virgin - Kelly Oram Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.V is for Virgin didn't make the huge impression on me that I thought it would. I did like it, but it left a little to be desired. To get things straight, I really liked the goal that Val was working towards-- a world where a girl wasn't afraid to be a virgin, or to be abstinent (and she didn't only have girls, there were boys too) without religious reasons. I thought that she was working to make something that was probably very embarrassing to her something good. Which was very selfless of her and all, and I really liked the idea, but I didn't think that the way it was handled was very realistic.Who knows, maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I think that Val would have been attacked a lot more than verbally. I'm sure that there would be physical attacks too. It's not a pretty thought, but just think about it. A self-professed virgin who becomes famous for being a virgin and supporting the right to be one, while selling lots of jewelry. Doesn't it just sound like she's setting herself up for something bad to happen? I can just imagine. We live in a twisted world.But back to Val. She was very sweet and kind, but I don't feel like I really got to know her throughout the book. She was really deep, I know that much, but who was she really? I wanted more development on her part, and I had hoped that she would be a stronger character, who I wouldn't doubt. But sometimes, I did doubt her.Just like I doubted Kyle. At first, he seemed like a really nice, if crude, guy. But as the story progressed, I realized how much of a jerk he could be. I did kind of thing that the blog was sweet, but I also realized how hurtful that must have been for Val, which sucked. Then, when I thought there was going to be a moment of truth and their relationship was going to turn around and be adorable, well, it turns out that Kyle is a huge disappointment in that department. I was lost to him from that point, I tell you.The storyline was okay, but I wasn't exactly wowed at how it went, unfortunately. It didn't progress very well, and I really don't think that it went anywhere to speak of, except to the end. Which the ending was cute, but still. I was disappointed in the way things went. It gets three stars for enjoyable reading, though.