Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Smart Girls Get What They Want - Sarah Strohmeyer

Smart Girls Get What They Want is a book I read purely because of the fluff factor-- I was wanting a book that was simple and sweet and took my mind off of everything going on in my life. And while this one definitely had that factor, it also had a hint of non-fluff. Or as I like to call it, hard-core trying to be your very best. I definitely felt like Gigi was trying her very best to be the best she could be, and I really admired that about her.

Don't get me wrong, I am a tad upset that Gigi didn't have romance until the end, but I feel like the story itself was enough to keep me going in this case-- the romance was just a sub-plot instead of the full focus of the story. Which is fine... though I really wanted that romance to happen sooner-- I'm all for the waiting makes the heart fonder thing... but COME ON. I wanted to see the sweet little puppy love!

But back to Gigi. I felt like Gigi was a really driven character-- and while she was driven to something kind of dumb (popularity), I totally respect her for trying. I loved that all of her feelings were so real-- I definitely think that we could be a lot alike. She seems to be really sweet, and I love love love her interactions with her friends; which brings me to the next point.

I think that her friends (Neerja, Bea, etc.) could have been more developed. They were okay, but they could have been on the same level as Gigi. And they fell just a bit short of that, in my opinion. All in all, this was a pretty good read... I'll definitely be reading the author's next book. (:

Source: http://thebookbabesreads.com