Caught in a Moment - Martin Dukes Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.Okay, that was totally awesome. Seriously. When I started this book, I wasn't sure what to expect, because it seemed like it might be some kind of odd science fiction. But when I got about thirty pages in, I realized that it is nothing like what I first assumed.For one, it's more of a modern day fantasy novel. Every bit of this book just screams fantasy, but not in a (as my dad would say) unicorns and rainbow farts kind of way. It definitely presents it in a more modern, less dragon-y kind of way, and I honestly enjoyed it. Thankfully, it wasn't a fantasy where none of the words made sense--the author took the time to make us mere mortals understand it.All of the characters were well developed, and the plot was very good. The writing was good too--it seemed very descriptive, and I really could imagine every bit of the story, and the progression. It was just a bit hard to hold onto the idea of a fantasy world, though, no matter how well written it was. It was just a bit confusing, but not enough to take away from the story.Back to the characters--I liked the character of Alex quite a bit. He seemed like a nice guy, and I kind of like reading about guy main characters once in a while. For instance, while I was reading this book, I started thinking about how there are so very few books that appeal to boys out there, and I think that this one would. It would actually probably appeal to boys more than girls, honestly.All in all, Caught in a Moment was a very imaginative debut that really makes you think differently about fantasy as a genre.*This book was provided by the author for review.