Against All Odds - Aliaa El-Nashar Read more reviews like this at thebookbabesreads.blogspot.comThe first few chapters of this book were really rough, like a first draft. But once I got to about the third chapter, there was no turning back. I was gonna read the entire thing. So, I continued along, on my own sweet time, in reading this book. I enjoyed it. There were a few things that I found annoying, but they stopped bothering me after the first quarter of the book. That was when I realized, that based on the culture differences of the author and me, that there was going to be stuff that I viewed as a typo, or grammatical error, that would be viewed differently in Egypt.There was going to be things that I thought were worded weird, or seemed strange, that really weren't. They were completely normal. So it stopped bothering me, and I really got into the story of Damien and Alexis. It was just so darn cute. There were several little subplots/love stories that the author plans on making a series out of! It may have seemed just a little much to have so many characters in one book, without as much character development as they could have had, but it all just kind of worked. I would have loved to have seen more of William, and I also would have loved to have gotten to read more about Damien and Alexis. They were just so adorable!I loved all the cute little banter between all the characters. I literally laughed out loud at a few of the scenes. Especially 'Mrs. Brocklehurst' you'll have to read it to find out what that's about. And you'll want to know, trust me. And if you find yourself laughing out loud, just know, that I told you so. All in all, it's definitely worth a look. If you can get past the grammatical differences without correcting them all in your head, that is. Which I did, so it should be no problem for ya'll.♠♠♠Favorite Quote:"Not at all, I believe I was mocking your walking manner, we all know that you can't walk straight without bumping into someone," Alexis told her in a matter-of-fact tone."Just mind your own business, ok?""I quite was, before you pushed me"