Being Sloane Jacobs

Being Sloane Jacobs - Lauren Morrill

Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

I really wanted to love Being Sloane Jacobs, I really really wanted to. But I just... didn't. I guess I couldn't wrap my head around the concept, as potentially cute and adorable as it could have been, I felt like it fell a bit flat.

Sloane and Sloane were just... too much alike. You'd think that they would be polar opposites, because, hey. Alternating points of view + trading places just doesn't do all that great when they act similar. I mean, it was easy to tell them apart, but mostly because they each had a different cast of supporting characters. But... the secondary characters really weren't that filled out. And don't even get me started on the boys - what a bunch of drama queens! I just didn't care for either love interest.

Another issue that I had was skating. I really don't understand a lot of skating terms or just anything about it. Ice skating in general is just a mystery to me! Thankfully it really wasn't that over the top on skating - I mean, I never did figure out what an axel was... but... there's not a thing I can do about it.

The ending was pretty much unbelievable, but in a good way - in a fun, interesting way. All in all, Being Sloane Jacobs was a fun piece of fluff, but it's not particularly memorable. I'll be trying Lauren's Meant to Be, though!

Source: http://thebookbabesreads.com