Onyx

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

For Onyx, I was still at the point of devouring this series- they were just a lot of fun to read, and I was enjoying myself. Like I said in my review of the first book, I feel like Katy is just a filler character. I don't really feel her development, and I don't particularly care for her, to be honest. She's just sort of there. And no, I'm still not really all that sold on her being a "book blogger".

I do still think that Katy & Daemon's chemistry is awesome, and in this one the heat was really turned up! Their chemistry was smoking, and while I didn't really care for the angst angst angst side of the story, it did make the chemistry more fun. I was totally telling Katy that she should just give in already!!

But as much as I was telling Katy to give in.... I do still think that Daemon is a douche. I mean, the way he does things and just everything... it's just, well, for lack of a better word, it's douchy. I want them to be together, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he just kind of annoys me.

I liked that this one had a little bit more of a mystery, and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really know what was going to happen with that. I ran several theories through my head, but I don't think that there was every any that truly measured up to what happened. It was a good change, that's for sure!

The introduction of Blake was a nice twist, and I wasn't sure whether or not to trust him. I mean, I wanted to.. and I kind of did, but he was truly a wild card. I think that the quasi-love triangle that was tried out was ridiculous, though. I wish that JLA had just left well enough alone, and just kept the angst without the added drama of trying to make Daemon jealous.

I missed Dee in Onyx, she was so prevalent in the first book - and suddenly it's like she's hanging out with other people instead of Katy. Her presence was dearly missed.

All in all, Onyx was a good continuation of the Lux series, and I'd recommend it as a fun read.

Source: http://thebookbabesreads.com