#16ThingsIThoughtWereTrue by Janet Gurtler

#16thingsithoughtweretrue - Janet Gurtler

Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

She's brave enough to be who she is. She embraces her inner weird and flies her freak flag with all she's got. And for once, I'm smart enough to see what a wonderful thing it is.

#16ThingsIThoughtWereTrue wasn't a perfect book. Not at all. But it was an interest book with a good message - and it was true to life. Bad things happened. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, and I think that you have to respect an author for that.

I liked it. I loved the road trip elements, and the humor - and the little hint of romance near the end. And I liked the characters. I liked the fact that Morgan was obsessed with Twitter - just like I am. And the fact that she has more online friends than real friends - because let's face it, a lot of us do. Morgan was just a normal girl, and she reacted in normal girl ways. I was proud to see it.

As for Amy and Adam... both of them stole my heart. In totally different ways. Amy stole it because she's just so true to herself - and she doesn't possess a word filter at all! I love people who just say what they feel or think, all the time! They make my life better.

And Adam? He stole my heart because he's a sweet guy - he's only hiding behind that jerk facade. He was freaking adorable, and sensitive... and heck, he was even funny. I really liked him. This group of people - Morgan, Adam and Amy - were perfect together. They just mesh right, and I loved that!

All in all, #16ThingsIThoughtWereTrue is one of those books that you like - you just don't love. In my opinion. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a really good book - it just didn't hit me in the right way for five stars.

Source: http://thebookbabesreads.com